4/30/2005

Home with the spread

One of my favorite things about coming home to Alexandria is the spread of cheese, meats, olives and nice beer and wine that inevitably awaits each time I arrive.

Vinnie told me yesterday that my father said to him, "Well, Justin and Cara are coming up, we've got to get some cheeses and things," with a resigned air as though it was necessity, and not desire, that fueled the purchase of such items.

When we arrive, late or early, the bags are pulled from the fridge. J normally chooses some new kind of beer from afar, while I opt for a glass of red wine in a ceramic wine glass and we sit at the counter and make a mess. It's certainly becoming habit. It may be becoming necessity. Sometimes I don't want to leave. Maybe just stay a few weeks and drink good wine nightly, exist on snacks and enjoy digital cable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home