8/15/2005

Guess what's not a "contemporary dance favorite"? "Higher Love" by Steve Winwood.

Looking over the song list for the band that will play at our wedding is an exercise in various forms of self-control. The band's manager has asked us to cross out ("sparingly please!") any songs we absolutely do not want played, as well as some we'd really like. And I'm starting to feel like a bitch.

Celine Dion? Get the hell out of my wedding tent! "I'm Walkin on Sunshine"? Hmmm. Mayb...Oh wait! That song sucks! The thing is, though, I'm no fool. I know exactly what I'm gonna be doing if, by chance, our wedding band decides to strike up a rousing rendition of "Come on Let's Sweat," by C&C Music Factory. I will be dancing, friends.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gorilla Hero said...

Whooaaa there! You can't ban Katrina and the Waves from our wedding! We need to sit down and go over this together before you do something silly like cross out "Brick House". Here are my rules:
1. no Rod Stewart

That's it.
-J

1:41 PM  
Blogger JKW said...

oh geez...please say you won't make us watch you dance with Fred to "butterfly kisses"...

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home