1/23/2006

Weekend: A Recap

Saw a commercial for this and got excited about trying it out. Really got psyched. Bad. Really pathetic. Bad. Bad.

Went to a party and talked to friends about how I can't wait to have children some day. Fast forward 1 hour: dancing, belting out "Sweet Home Alabama" in living room. Jumping up and down.

Learned about ways to help prevent pollution in our streams, lakes and rivers (like this) at an informational session Saturday in a cozy home with a very gracious hostess. Drank coffee while it rained outside. Continued to think more about how we treat our environment, our people and animals. Been thinking about things like this.

Tried to understand football for the 47,652nd time. Failed.

Marveled at the lyrics to "My Humps" by the Black Eyed Peas ("What u gonna do with all that ass?/All that ass inside them jeans?"). Does this mean I am getting older? Because I really couldn't believe this either.

Drank wine with old friends.

Did none of the things on my to do list.

Dreaded Monday.

4 Comments:

Blogger MotherOf3Guys said...

Man, that was the last thing I expected to see was Tom writing about dish liquid! I am also totally impressed with the all links you put in this post. Being a new blogger, and a non technical one at that, you rule on that front also!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Neva said...

I am so with -you rule with all your links!! I

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As REM once said, "It's the end of the world as we know it." I'm not talking about the enviroment, I think mother nature is much more resilient then we give her credit for. I'm talking about Flavor Flav on The Surreal Life 3. And that Black Eyed Peas song has always bothered me. Not so much the content but, "All that ass inside them jeans," doesn't even rhyme. Perhaps they should have said all them beans iside them jeans. Then B&M could have used it as a jingle.

8:24 AM  
Blogger Cara Maria McDonough said...

You know who rules?
The Owens family.
And Uncle Bobby.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home