3/31/2006

Somebody is the first boy of the block when it arrives at one from these vecindarios, and that not always is easy

Sherry, Jess and I finished our Spanish I class this week. I was unfortunately unable to attend the last class (held at a Mexican restaurant) but was still determined to finish with all assignments completed.

For one of our assignments - translating several stories from the local Spanish newspaper into English - our teacher, Sr. Victor, said it would be ok to use Babblefish, or other translating tools if we needed to. While I originally thought going that route would be somehow cheating, or at least not the most effective means of learning a new language, upon waking up this morning I decided that having such a busy day ahead of me, as well as a weekend of traveling, I'd better just do whatever got the exercise done the fastest. I still couldn't get over my snobby desire to learn and only used the online translating tool for every other paragraph, if not less than that, but after I while I found the system hysterically ineffective anyway, my rough translations just as good as any it could churn out. Luckily, in addition to the stress I was feeling, I had some good laughs sitting at my desk, typing in Spanish paragraphs, and checking out the result displayed on my computer screen. Kind of like Shakespeare. For crazies.

On a rabid raccoon discovered in Carrboro:

The dog was playing with its owner when I descry to the raccoon near the routes of the train, I attack it frontally and later I cause the death to him.

In the heated duel that maintained, the small animal but did not let emit unrecognizable sounds and showed a very hostile attitude.

Since several cases of the virus have appeared, the Service of antirabic bovine Animals this offering for mascots to very low cost.

5 Comments:

Blogger Gorilla Hero said...

The writing is the place where they really enjoy. That has owned large humor.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh. That's what three years of Spanish in high school gets you 15 years later. Of course, my cats are "aces" at getting into trouble (just like the one that jumped on the keyboard while I first typed this...)They are probably better at it than the dogs, BTW.

But I thought "as" was "like."

e

1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AAAAAARGH!

This was suppose to be the lead into that:

"I am Enrico. I very a lot of ace cats."

Forget it. I got flustered over the stupid cat jumping up and trying to cut and paste from babblefish.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud.

ReĆ­ hacia fuera ruidosamente.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home