3/01/2006

Throwing around some ideas on Ash Wednesday Eve

"Maybe meat? I've given up meat before. But meat can be important. For iron?"

"Don't give up meat. What if I gave up reading Harry Potter?"

"There's no way. That would be torture."

"What if I gave up bird watching?"

"You're not going to give up bird watching. What if I gave up holding Mina?"

"I'm going to give up taking the dogs out in the morning."

"Right. I was going to give up alcohol, but that won't hold up."

"I'm going to give up coffee. No more coffee."

"There's no way I'm giving up coffee. I'm going to give up sweets. Is that a good one?"

"That's a good one."

"I love Lent."

2 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

I couldn't help but notice that neither one of you thought of giving up sex as an option...Ah! Newlyweds.

12:31 AM  
Blogger MotherOf3Guys said...

The girls at the office decided to give up drinking for lent...one gal compared giving up her wine as bad as thinking about giving up sex...she obviously is having a hard time with her choice.....
Another friend went directly from the church and Ash Wed. service to the Irish pub across the street...without even ordering, she was greeted by the bartender with a pint of guiness...Her comment was," I was going to give up guiness for lent but this must be divine intervention that I shouldn't!"

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home