5/09/2006

Post-Starbucks drive to the Mary Ellen Jones Building

"I know why I'm getting fat."

"Why? You're not getting fat."

"I am. A little. It's because I eat when I'm not hungry."

"You mean you get up and get food when you're not hungry?"

"Well, no. I mean, when I'm full and there's still more on the plate and I eat it."

"I do that too, though. I mean, not only is it good, but there are nutrients..."

"No, I mean, if there is chocolate in front of me, and I eat one piece and then I eat two more even though I'm satisfied with just one, because I figure, 'Well, this day's wasted anyway in terms of being moderate, because I just ate that chocolate...'"

"Yeah, but do you enjoy those extra pieces of chocolate?"

"Yes. Well, no. Yes, but the enjoyment does not outweigh how I feel bad about myself for doing it. Ask any girl."

"Let me ask you a question."

"Oh God. Here comes the Justin-analyze-your-life program."

"Would you rather be shocked right now by X voltage of electricity..."

"How many volts?"

"Would you rather be shocked by X voltage of electricity right now, or by half as much in ten minutes?"

"Well, I don't want to go into specifics, because you're not supposed to do that with these...I'd take it right now."

"Right! They did a study, and most people said they'd like to be shocked right then, even if they'd be shocked by less later. Waiting for pain is worse than actual pain."

"I was going to say, 'Would the electricity have any lasting negative affects...?'"

"No, you're getting too into it."

"I know. That's why I said before that I didn't want to get into specifics..."

"Good girl. You answered the same as everybody else."

"I'd be a good person no matter how I answered because I'm an individual, confident person."

"Right."

"Right."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home