6/02/2006

A post which brings to mind the question: Should the razor people be paying me, maybe just a little stipend or something?

I don't want this to become some ultra-girl-tampon blog or anything, but I recently bought a Schick Intuition razor, which has a blade surrounded on both sides by a soothing skin-conditioning solid, and I must say, shaving with it has been rather enjoyable. Not like shaving one's legs is a remarkable challenge or anything. Would I rather not do it? Sure. I mean, only if my legs would somehow remain smooth going without, but it's more of an annoyance than an actual problem. And one of the major annoyances regarding shaving, in my opinion, is that sometimes when you prop your leg up and get the shaving cream on, sufficient to protect you from nicks and burn, you might change your position ever so slightly, and the showerhead, which someone-who-is-extremely-tall places so that water shoots out and covers the entire length of the bathtub so that he has the most fulfilling lengthy shower experience, is then spraying water directly on your shaving cream-covered leg, and it all washes off.

While we're on the topic, another thing that sometimes, accidentally, happens when you're showering is that, because the showerhead is positioned as such, and is shooting water across the whole of the bathtub, so that it rains against the back wall, instead of pointing an a more acute angle, which causes the water to flow directly into the bottom of the tub and into the drain, well, if the shower curtain is not "sealed," as someone who loves showering more than life itself likes to put it, against that back tub wall, the water can sometimes end up trickling down that wall, and then down the outside edge of the tub and onto the bathroom floor. Which I don't care about so much about as a general principle, as some people do, except for the fact that the floor, by the way, is sometimes covered with little pieces of balled up toilet paper that some people like to use to blow their noses and then throw into the trash basket, but sometimes, the person misses and they end up on the floor, where they get wet, which, I don't know about you - but I think is quite possibly the most disgusting thing ever. Ever.

Anyway, the great thing about this Schick Intuition razor is that you don't have to worry about the shaving cream washing off, because the shaving cream is built into the razor itself. And I may not be up to date on the latest in technology, per se, but I think that's pretty revolutionary.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

The intuition has been my savior. In fact, I have it on my grocery list to buy re-fills today. The only problem with having this intuition is that the re-fills can be a bit pricey and I find the shaving cream quantity around the razor does not last so long...so I go through them pretty quick. However, it's SOOO worth it to avoid the hassle and extra time (time is precious people!) of lathering your legs with shaving cream. Wholehearted agreement Cara.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Gorilla Hero said...

I am totally blind and can't see anything in the bathroom before I put my contacts in, at which point the smoke alarm goes off or the dogs need to be let out or fed, or a particularly spectacular bluebird is sighted all leading to me forgetting to pick up the trash on the floor in the bathroom.

2:19 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

I just got this stuff from a Body Shop party (yes, The Body Shop has home parties) and it's suppose to be the BEST THING EVER for shaving. You put it on outside the tub (it's not foamy like gel), jump in, shave and then shower. Friends said it provides the closest shave, it's not messy and it leaves your legs super smooth for a longer amount of time than shaving cream/gel.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Pfizer makes the intuition and I love it, yes love it. It is one of the greatest things about coming back to work at Pfizer.

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home