5/20/2005

Career change

Last night Jen and I went to get our nails done in this place in the mall that had a flowing wall of water and gentle new age music playing. As I chatted with my manicurist and watched other women get pampered, whether it be a pedicure complete with foot massage, nail polish application, or some other procedure to make one feel beautiful, it became very clear to me that I never wanted to leave. Just like I feel when it comes time to leave the warm enclosure of my parent's home, complete with food and good wine, trips to the bay to do nothing but watch movies and the water - last night, too, did I feel the sadness at having to give up something I love. The employees all had perfect eyebrows and nails and were making every single customer happy. They were adored and I wanted to bask in that adoration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home