5/17/2006

Morning commute/living without downtime

"I slept like a rock, didn't dream at all. And I was really, really hot when I woke up."

"I know. Me too. Really hot. Plut, everything is out of control."

"Out of control? Like, our life?"

"Yeah. I feel like - like I just go to work every morning, and then I come home, and there are these people there. Guests. And we take care of them, or not take care of them, but do stuff with them. And it's really fun, but the house is messy, and - is this what it's going to be like to have kids?"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it's nothing like having kids...they never "go home"...they are there 24/7/365!!!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. Anon is right. And they are there 365 after 365. Just ask any of our parents.

But the bonus is that, no matter how you slice it, they are more fun than house guests over the long term.

Of course, until they become teenagers...

e

2:53 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

Yeah, that's pretty much why I've decided to never have kids. I'm lucky to get myself out of the house in the morning, yet be responsible enough to manage some kids too. I've also decided that when/if I do have children, it's pretty much a guarentee that I'm going to completely jack them up. Isn't that something to look forward to! :)

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

please, just don't have kids like max...or me.

bestest

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home